WordPress is been around the web since 2003 according to the official WordPress history; since its release, the platform is known for helping individuals and people, and from the last 3-4 years, the platform is very famous for helping businesses as well in worldwide. The platform is helping individuals, companies, SMEs, businesses, e-commerce companies, and influencers to build their own website on the World Wide Web (www) and giving them an identity.
It’s very common to see and hear that most of the developers are saying that WordPress is not made for or good to make e-commerce websites. The rising number of 3rd party developers and their feature-rich plug-ins and add-ons will make WordPress even more popular by the time. The platform is known for its versatile plug-ins, features, themes, and support the clients and users get.
Since its inception to today (in 2019), the developers can build a fully functional e-commerce website in WordPress in 2019. Today we are telling you 15 best SEO plug-ins in WordPress for building an e-commerce website in 2019 to use for?
- Yoast SEO: We all know that the search engines are the first thing the drives traffic towards a website, and there is no doubt that since its inception; the Yoast SEO has managed to serve more than 7 million websites. The plug-in is the first thing that comes in mind of every digital marketing person and website developers; because of its easy to implement, maintain, and offering a lot of features in the free version. It doesn’t matter, whether you want to change the title, Meta description, sitemaps, focus keywords, alt tags, robots, etc. Also, it gives a full-page analysis as well while optimizing the website and the best part is, you get an easy to understand explanation of the factors that are good or bad for your website/webpage. The plug-in is easily available in both Free and Premium versions which are extensively featured as well because of its huge popularity. You will get the best implementation, setup, and management of your website once we started using it.
- All-in-one SEO pack: All-in-one SEO pack is also an ultimate plug-in an e-commerce website must have hosted on WordPress. The plugin is first introduced in 2007 and since then it is the biggest competitor of the Yoast SEO plugin. This plugin is also working like the Yoast SEO, but we still recommend using SEO by Yoast plugin because of the easy to use UI and UX. This plugin is best for the users, who don’t do the on-page SEO optimization on their own; this plugin can automatically enhance your content by adding meta tags, titles, description, and keywords using the best SEO practices. This plugin is capable to add alt tags in images automatically just to make sure that your images too will rank higher in image searches. The best feature of the plugin is, it can prevent you from Google Panda Penalty by automatically detecting the duplicate content of your website through its advanced algorithms.
- W3 Total Cache Plugin: W3 Total Cache is a great plug-in to optimize the speed of your website by page caching. In e-commerce websites, if your products pages are not loading quickly with cached pages, then there are chances that you are losing a lot of customers. The plug-in is good for offering fast website load time to your visitors; basically, it takes a snapshot of your previous instances of your WebPages and uses it to deliver the cache version of your website to your visitors. The plug-in is paired with a CDN (Content Delivery Network) called MAXCDN to let you deliver the data from various servers around the world. It reduces the burden of delivering data from only 1 server and increases your website loading speed.
- WP Meta SEO: WP Meta SEO is another great plug-in for your WordPress e-commerce website. The plug-in comes with several great features and it is free to use as well. It allows you to change and edit the Metadata of your website such as posts, pages, custom posts types, etc. from a single page. The plug-in also comes with XML and HTML sitemap generator, 404 error redirection, and a broken link checker tool for internal links. You can also configure and setup your Google Analytics account to view your traffic stats within your WordPress dashboard with the help of this plugin.
- LinkPatrol: LinkPatrol is a great plug-in for assessing the backlinks of the website to know how many outbound links needs to be cleaned and what kind of quality and effectiveness of each link on your website. This is a great plugin to keep your website healthy by eliminating the spam links and keywords from your website.
- Broken Link Checker: Broken Link Checker is a must-have plug-in for WordPress e-commerce websites as it checks the website to find broken links, 404 errors, and missing images from your website and blog posts. The plugin is great to know and to make sure that your website doesn’t have any broken links. The best feature of this plug-in is it gives you an option to prevent search engines to index and following the broken links of your website.
- Rel NoFollow Checkbox: This is a very useful and simple to use plug-in to include no-follow attribute on the links with just a simple checkbox in insert/edit link popup. This is great to use plug-in if you don’t want to pass your link juice or authority of your website with any other website you’re linking your content with.
- Slider by Nivo: Slider by Nivo is a great plugin of WordPress allowing you to add sliders to showcase multiple images to your visitors on different sections of your website. If you want to showcase your multiple products then you should use this plug-in your WordPress e-commerce website and letting you add more than 1 image to create a slider or carousel. The plugin is very simple to use and let you create an image slider, carousel, and even an image slideshow.
- WP Smush: Images are one of the most attractive assets of any website which has to be attractive to catch the eye-balls of the visitors. Many times, images are better than text to deliver or convey a message to your website audience. Though the images make your webpage more attractive and engaging, the good and high res images need a lot of space and it may slow down your website as well. Slow website speed cannot be ignored as it could be a disaster for your website ranking. But, here’s the good news for you, we can compress the high-quality images to reduce the image file size without compromising the quality and detail of the images. You need to use the smush plugin to compress and reduce the image size in your WordPress website. The plugin uses advanced compression technologies to compress images such as JPEG, GIF, and PNG. It will let you save a lot of storage space and auto smush feature allows you to automatically compress all the images your website has, or you can do it manually as well at the time of uploading images.
- Schema Pro WordPress Plugin: This plugin is the most updated plugin to implement the rich snippet to your website. The best way to drive greater and quality traffic to your website is to implement the schema markup.
- All in schema.org: All in one schema.org is another great plugin for WordPress to implement rich snippets in your website. You can use it to implement various types of schema on your website easily.
- Redirection: Redirection is a great plugin to take care of several redirection issues your website could have while running. You can manage all the redirection issues such as 301, 302, 404 errors, etc. with this plug-in. You can easily redirect all your URLs now easily with this plugin and keep the records of all the redirected URLs.
- Mailchimp for WordPress: MailChimp is the best and most popular tool for email marketing services. You can easily email your latest posts, news, blog updates, and many more things from your website to your subscribers by sending those emails in bulk and track the results as well in bulk.
- WooCommerce: WooCommerce is the best plugin of WordPress for website owners wants to sell products through a website. It has so many options that are helpful to create an online e-commerce store.
- Jetpack: Jetpack is one of the most essential plugins for WordPress to boost the performance of your website. Jetpack can easily take care of your website security, performance, traffic growth, image optimization, website appearance, and many more things. It can automatically share your newly published content to search engines and third party services. It also protects your website from virus and brute force attacks as well.
All of the above-mentioned plug-ins are must-have for the WordPress e-commerce websites. Hope the article would be beneficial for you or for your loved ones. Don’t forget to share this article if you liked it, and feel free to let us know your thoughts, opinions, and suggestions in the comments section below.